Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cal football blog

Anyone that truly knows me, knows that I have Cal football in my blood. From the time I was born I was tought that there truly was no other way than to bleed blue and gold. perhaps this really was just one of the few misguided directions my parents pushed me into. I am a third generation Cal fan and if anyone knows being a cal football fan has been a heartwrenching experience throughout the years. I remember going to games as a kid, watching good teams with Mike Pawlowski and Sean Dawkins fumble the ball and Rose Bowl away on the goal line against Washington. I remember terrible teams such as Holmoe's pretedford teams. I remember when Mariucci came, raised the hopes and expectations of Cal fans by starting the season 6-0, only to lose their final 6 games and bolt to the 49ers the next year. I remember the Snyder years when similar to Tedford, Snyder started building the program into respectabiliy only to watch him bolt for more money at Arizona St. Fact is being a Cal football fan is similar to being a Chicago Cubs fan or a Red sox fan prior to them winning the series. It is full of highs and lows and ultimately disappointment and hoping for next year. but fact of the matter is, i love my bears and will always bleed blue and gold through and through. but its time to start my rant...

No comments:

Post a Comment